Radish salads are a popular addition to salad plates in German restaurants.
Try a little on your plate to see if it goes well with your next Schnitzel, hamburger, or another dish.
- One large daikon radish or several smaller white radishes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup (120 to 180 milliliters) of sour cream or creme fraiche
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vinegar
- One tablespoon sugar
- One tablespoon of prepared horseradish
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
How to Make it
- Gather ingredients.
- Peel and grate the Radish. Place the grated Radish into a sieve and sprinkle it with salt. Wait 10 minutes. Remove excess water by pressing.
- Combine the cream, horseradish sugar, vinegar, and pepper in a large bowl. Add the grated Radish and mix to coat.
- Serve the salad after letting it sit for 15 minutes (excellent or chilled), although it is best to wait 1 to 2 hours.