You only need a few ingredients to make cheesy and quick-baked Gnocchi.
Our baked Gnocchi is the perfect comfort food for dreary and rainy weeknights. You only need the following:
- Italian Sausage. Ground Italian sausage, usually seasoned with intense flavors such as garlic, parsley oregano, and fennel, is an essential ingredient in this recipe. You only need to brown it before baking the Gnocchi. You can use mild or spicy–whatever suits your taste.
- Store-bought Gnocchi. You could undoubtedly make potato gnocchi yourself. There’s no need to make your own when so many good, store-bought options are available.
- Ricotta made with whole milk. This rich, creamy cheese is made from ricotta.
- Fennel seeds. Add a little more fennel seeds to this classic Italian-American pasta dish.
- Buy a jar of sauce marinara. When to buy an ingredient and when to make it yourself. We say YAY to shortcuts when they allow us to have a home-cooked meal on the table instead of ordering takeout.
- Mozzarella. You can use fresh or grated mozzarella cheese, whatever you prefer. Fresh mozzarella melts better than grated, but both add an outstanding savory and milky flavor.
- Fresh Parsley. The addition of fresh herbs to the gnocchi recipe adds a homemade touch.
Baked Gnocchi that’s more like a “recipe.”
- It’s all about simplicity when it comes to the best gnocchi recipes. This Gnocchi is one of them. We know that Gnocchi goes well with cheese and tomato sauce and that baked pasta is always a hit. We took all of that information and combined it to create this simple baked Gnocchi. It’s flexible and adaptable, so we call it a recipe. You can make it spicy by adding hot Italian sausage to a spicy sauce or milder with sweet Italian sauce and herb marinara.
- After you have bought all the ingredients, you only need to put them together in a skillet. How to bake Gnocchi?
- Sauté until the Italian sausage is brown, crispy, and well-cooked. The pork will bake more in the oven, but you don’t need to worry about undercooking.
- Assemble. Fill up a large oven-proof pan with marinara sauce. Add Gnocchi and cooked sausage. Sprinkle salt on top. Stir to combine.
- Bake! Bake!
- 1 lb of ground Italian sausage
- Two 1 lb packages of Gnocchi
- 8 oz ricotta
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- One large jar (25.5 oz) of marinara sauce
- 8 oz mozzarella grated (block or fresh)
- Fresh parsley, two tablespoons