Yeah I know. I’m BAD. I’m really bad.
But rules were made to be broken, right?
1.I use cheap thread. Really cheap – like a triple pack for $2. Not always, but particularly for white thread. My machine is fine with it and I’ve never had any thread snap or nest.
2. Sometimes when a pattern says “trim seam allowances” or “clip curves”…. I don’t.
3. When a pattern says “sew side seams then finish with a serger” I just use my serger for the whole thing.
4. Sometimes I use my rotary cutter to trim paper.
5. I cut fabric with an old pair of scissors I nicked from the Year 7 art and craft cupboard from the school I worked at in 2007.
6. Sewing in a perfectly straight line is REALLY HARD. And I’m terrible at it.
7. I free motion quilt on my second hand, very basic, small Janome that I bought on eBay for about $100. I bought a darning foot and then I broke it modified it as suggested by the teacher of the free motion Craftsy class I did. Cheap machine with a broken foot? Works a treat.
8. I am very lazy when it comes to finishing touches. I have improved my skills when it comes to the finish of an item, but perfection is not something strive for.
9. It’s been a looooong time since I took my machine in for a service. Maybe about two years?
Alright, fess up. What naughty things have you been up to?