Hurrah! I am hosting a handmade swap for the first time! I have loved being involved in lots of other handmade swaps so I decided to host one myself.
I have chosen two things that I love – zip pouches and chocolate. A match made in heaven. Well, on this blog anyway 🙂
Housekeeping (please read this carefully):
– By signing up to this swap, you are committing to making a zipper pouch or similar item and purchasing some chocolates and/or sweets (candy) to send to your recipient. Including a card or postcard from your town would be great too. You may choose to add other items to your gift – that is up to you.
– Your items must be sent by Friday15th February 2013.
– Due to international postal regulations and quarantine/customs laws, please ensure your edible items are in sealed packaging. (homemade food cannot be sent.)
-You can choose if you would like to send internationally or not. If you do not wish to, that is absolutely fine, I know the postage costs can be expensive. BUT – part of the fun of this international swap is that you will likely receive chocolate and sweets that are unavailable in your country!
– I encourage a little bit of stalking! Check out your partner’s blog, flickr, instagram etc and see what their style is.
– This swap is open to sewers of ALL levels. Beginners are welcome!!
– Email subscribers, I’d love for you to join in too! I’m not sure if you can access the sign up form from your email so click this link to get to the web version of the blog post.
– Life happens and you may be unable to fulfill your commitment to make
your items and send your parcel. If you have to withdraw from the swap, please email me as soon as possible so I can make alternative arrangements for your partner.
– Got a question? Email me or facebook message me ANYTIME.
OK! Go forth and get creative! The fun part happens now – choosing fabric 😉 To get you started, I have created this Pinterest board
for resources for this swap. Jump on over and follow it for lots of
zippy inspiration! I’d love for you to be a contributor to the board –
leave your Pinterest details in the comments so I can follow you if I’m
not already and invite you to pin to the board.
Don’t forget to SHARE! We all want to see what you create! Publish your sneak peek pictures, works in progress, finished products and received gifts in the Flickr group I’ve set up for the swap HERE and use this hashtag for Instagram and Twitter – #sweetpouchswap
Now give us your details! Sign ups close on Tuesday 15th January 2013. I will be in touch in the next few days after to give you your partner’s details. Can’t wait to get started, get to know you all better and see what you come up with!
*sign ups now closed!*