Happy New Year! Hope you have all been enjoying a wonderful holiday season with your family and friends. We are sweltering here in Melbourne with a 40C day expected tomorrow. I just got back from an amazing week in New Zealand where we enjoyed a relaxing time in the South Island town of Wanaka. A Merry Christmas indeed! As you can see from this pic, it is just gorgeous.
So you are wondering about the title of this post – I have created a flickr group for Sew Delicious so I can see what you made from my tutorials. I am really excited to see what everyone has come up with – I have received quite a few emails from lovely ladies who made the Peggy Skirt and have been thrilled to see the fabric choices and added embellishments to make the skirt suit their own style. PLEASE PLEASE add your pics if you have made something!!
2011 has been a great journey in terms of blogging for me and I am bursting with ideas for the coming months. I have some big plans for 2012 and I can’t wait to share with you!
So this is the ideal time to give you a quick round up of my five most popular posts of 2011. Since this is my first year blogging, they are also my most popular all time posts.
5. The Travel Document Pouch Tutorial – very popular on Pinterest! This pouch was fantastic while we were in NZ.
4. The Dinosaur Roar Skirt Tutorial, a cute and simple skirt I made for Anna using some dinosaur print fabric from a thrifted pillowcase.
3. My Tohoku Tote, I made this bag as part of the Ucreate ‘Create with Me’ September project. The pattern and tutorial is a gorgeous one designed by Cheri from I am Momma Hear Me Roar. It was definitely the Amy Butler Daisy Chain Clematis fabric that caught everyone’s eye!
2. Baby Gift Zipper Pouch Tutorial – a simple zip pouch with lots of love for that cute whale fabric!
1. Hugely popular with over double the traffic of any other post – The Peggy Skirt! The Mad Men inspired design with the cute pleats won many of you over! I have been so amazed at the huge response for this skirt!
So there you have it! I hope this little blog continues to inspire you in your creative endevours in 2012 and if you make something…. add it to my Flickr Group! I wonder what will be added first?